International Scientific-Research Centre IBCE
Centre for Iran, the Balkans and Central European Studies
Article 1 – The International Scientific-Research Centre for Iran, the Balkans and Central Europe (IBCE) Association i.e. The Association is a legal entity registered under the decree of the Law for legal entities with non-governmental purposes.
Article 2 (1) The International Scientific-Research Centre for Iran, the Balkans and Central Europe (IBCE) Association will implement its activities under the name „International Scientific-Research Centre for Iran, the Balkans and Central Europe (IBCE)”.
(2) Every written statement on behalf of the Association must contain its name, residence, address, information for registration including BULSTAT (national statistic number).
(3) The Association has a logo and a seal – round with peripheral writing of its name “Centre for Iran, the Balkans and Central Europe” in the middle of which is written IBCE in English language.
Residence and address
Article 3 The residence and the address of the International Scientific-Research centre for Iran, the Balkans and Central Europe Association (IBCE) is Sofia boul. Evlogi Georgiev 101 fl. 2, post code 1504.
The Association is authorized to open departments in other cities and countries but only with the resolution of the Governing Board. The name of the departments of the Centre will be formed by adding the indication “department” as well as the country or city where the residence of the department is situated.
Article 4 The main purposes of the International Scientific-Research Centre for Iran, the Balkans and Central Europe Association (IBCE) are the following:
stimulating the development of educational and cultural activities
tolerant attitude between ethnicities
motivation of the representatives of ethnic societies for cooperation between each other
increasing the role of women in ethnic societies
improvement of the relations between ethnic minorities and recognition of the name and place of non-governmental organizations in society
realization of scientific and cultural researches on national and international level with scientists whose interest is oriented at research in the field of contacts between Iran, the Balkans and Central Europe
cooperation with scientific-research organizations and foundations to implement scientific-research projects in the field of IBCE activities
encouraging explorers and paying tribute to famous scientists
implementing scientific-research and technical activities
organizing and conducting scientific forums on national, regional and international level
publishing books, scientific collections and magazines
Means for achieving purposes
Article 5 The means by which the Association will achieve its purposes are the following:
· participation in programs and projects
· building contacts and interaction with similar organizations
· joining adherents in groups and clubs for achieving the purposes of the Association
· implementation of scientific and cultural research on national and international level with scientists whose interest is oriented at research in the field of contacts between Iran, the Balkans and Central Europe
· cooperation with scientific-research organizations and foundations for realizing scientific-research projects in the field of IBCE activity
· encouraging explorers and paying tributes to famous scientists
· implementing scientific-research and technical activities
· organizing and conducting scientific forums on national, regional and international level
· publishing books, scientific collections and magazines
Determination of activity
Article 6 The International Scientific-Research centre for Iran, the Balkans and Central Europe Association (IBCE) is a legal entity with non-governmental purpose implementing activities in private benefit.
Subject of activity
Article 7 The subject of activity of the International Scientific-Research Centre for Iran, the Balkans and Central Europe Association (IBCE) is to help the development of the educational and cultural activity and the tolerant attitude between ethnicities.
Term of existence
Article 8 The existence of the International Scientific-Research centre for Iran, the Balkans and Central Europe Association (IBCE) is not limited with term or another ending condition.
Article 9 Members of the Association can be active juridical and physical persons that show interest in supporting and developing social responsibility and want to benefit from the activities of the Association. They can be constant, temporary, students, honoured members and organizations.
(1) Constant members: founders of IBCE, scholars and university professors who work in a field similar to that of IBCE, university professors and people who have a PhD degree in the following subjects: Iranian studies, European Research, Political Studies, History, Social Sciences, International Relations, World Research, Economics, Law and other similar subjects.
(2) Temporary members: All who have at least a bachelor degree and who have worked during 5 years in some of the fields mentioned in article 9 paragraph 1.
(3) Student members: All students from the subjects mentioned in article 9 paragraph 1.
(4) Honoured members: Bulgarian, Iranian and other foreign citizens who have special presence and services contributed to the development of scientific-research activities in the fields mentioned in article 9 paragraph 1.
(5) Organization members: scientific-research centres, organizations and institutions whose activities match those of IBCE.
Organization members are temporary members of IBCE.
Acquisition of membership
Article 10 (1) Membership in the International Scientific-Research Centre for Iran, the Balkans and Central Europe Association (IBCE) is voluntary;
(2) The candidates submit an application addressed to the Governing Board in which they state they are familiar and accept the present regulations.
(3) After the resolution from the Governing Board candidates fill a form in which they give personal data and contacts information (address and e-mail, telephone number);
(4) Along with the application juridical candidates present a copy of a registration document and a resolution document from a managing authority for membership in the Association;
(5) Candidates are accepted by the Governing Board;
(6) Members of the Association owe an initial tax in the start of their membership.
Rights and obligations of the members
Article 11 Members of the Association possess the following rights:
to participate in taking decisions with the right to vote at General meetings;
to receive information and to participate in discussions and assessment of the Association activities;
to make suggestions for changes in the managers structure of the Association;
to be elected at managing positions in the Association;
to participate in the initiatives of the Association according to their 50 opportunities and qualifications;
to benefit from the results of the Association activities only according to the present regulations;
in case of impossibility to attend a meeting they have a right to authorize a third person also a member of the Association to exercise their voting rights at General meetings but no more than twice-a-year;
to leave the Association when they want to;
Article 12 Members of the Association are obliged to:
pay annual tax in the form of a membership fee to the amount and order determined by the Governing Board of IBCE. The payment of the membership fee does not allow members to have right over the property of IBCE. Honoured members do not pay membership fee.
observe the rules of the present regulations and to perform the decisions of the Association authorities;
participate in the activities of the Association and to work for achieving its purposes;
actively participate in the sessions of the General meetings;
enhance the Association authority and not to take actions or inactions that contradict to its purposes or discredit it;
pay their membership fee on a regular basis;
not to use in any way their membership in the Association to achieve goals contradicting to the regulations and the purposes of the Association;
not to use in any way the authority and the activities of the Association to benefit other physical or juridical person without the explicit authorization by the Governing Board;
be initiative in order to be informed of the Association activities;
leave their contacts and to inform a relevant person of the Association by time in case of a change.
Article 13 Membership rights and obligations are untransferable and do not pass to other person in case of death respectively in case of termination of the membership.
Article 14 In case of impossibility to attend a meeting members of the Association have right to authorize third person to exercise their voting rights at General meetings but no more than twice-a-year which is done in a written form and the authorized person is allowed to take action after informing the Governing Board by a formal letter. In this case the authorizer takes responsibility if the authorized person fails to meet their obligations. The authorized person is not allowed to represent more than one more member at the same time or to reauthorize a third person.
Article 15 Members bear responsibility for the obligations of the Association only to the amount of the membership fees provided in the present regulations and creditors do not have a right to claim rights over personal property above this amount.
Termination of membership
Article 16 Membership is terminated:
with one-sided written statement addressed to the Governing Board of the Association at least ten days before the leaving date;
in case of death or under full prohibition respectively termination of juridical person of a member of the Association;
with termination of the Association;
in case of dropping out because of unpaid membership fees and systematic non-participation in the activities of the Association;
Article 17 A member of the Association can be excluded with a resolution of the Governing Board when:
they break the obligations provided in article 12;
they grossly break the Association regulations;
they discredit the Association authority with their actions;
they take actions which make their further membership in the Association incompatible.
Article 18 (1) Dropping out is stated when members of the Association:
have not paid in or have failed to pay several consecutive membership fees when the amount of that fees is determined by the Governing Board;
have stopped their participation in the activities of the Association and failed to attend several meetings at The General meeting in the same year whose number is determined by the Governing Board.
Article 19 In case of termination of the membership the Association owes the paid-in membership fees back.
Organization structure and authorities
Article 20 The Association functions through the authorities mentioned in the present regulations and implements its direct activities through shared initiatives.
Article 21 The authorities of the Association are:
The General meeting
The Governing Board
The General meeting
Article 22 (1) The General meeting is a high authority of the Association and consists of all members of the Association.
General meeting competence
Article 23 The General meeting:
· changes and supplements the regulations;
· accepts other inner actions;
· selects and discharges members of the Governing Board;
· accepts and discharges members;
· takes resolution to open and close down departments;
· takes resolution for participation in other organizations;
· takes decision for reforming or closing down the Association;
· accepts the main directions and programs of the Association activities;
· accepts the budget of the Association;
· takes decision for the amount and term of payment of the membership fee or property taxes;
· accepts the report of the activity of the Governing Board;
· cancels decisions of other members of the Association which contradict to the law, the regulations or other inner actions regulating the activity of the Association;
· takes other decisions provided in the regulations.
The resolutions of the General meeting are obligatory for the other members of the Association. The resolutions of the General meeting are subject to legal control related to their conformity with the law and accordance to the regulations. Actions that contradict to law, the regulations or previous resolution of the General meeting can be disputed at the General meeting after the demand of members of the Association or its authorities concerned with that matter which is sent in the term of one month since their notice but no longer than one year since the resolution date. Resolutions can be disputed at the Court following the registration of the Association from every member of the Association and its authority or from the prosecutor in the term of one month since their notice but no longer than one year from the resolution date.
Article 24 The General meeting is convoked by the Governing Board incited by the Governing Board or after the demand of one third of the members of the Association.
Article 25 If in the latter case the Governing Board in time of two weeks does not extend written invitation for convocation of the General meeting it is convoked by the Court with settlement of the Association after written demand from the members concerned or a person authorized by them.
Article 26 The invitation must contain the agenda, date, hour and place where the General meeting is held and whose initiative it is. The invitation must be put on an announcement board in the building where the Association managing department is seated at least one month before the set date. Also, it is to be announced in a official gazette and published in some of the popular newspapers (this is not obligatory, in case of your disagreement it can be changed).
Article 27 Close to the date of the announce of the invitation according to the article above written materials related to the agenda of the meeting must be available at the address of the Association managing department and be handed-in to every member if demanded.
Article 28 The General meeting is legal if more than the half of all members are present. In case of insufficient quorum the meeting is put off with one hour at the same place and the same agenda and can be conducted no matter of the quorum.
Article 29 Every member at the General meeting has the right to vote once.
Article 30 Every member has the right to vote once except resolutions concerning:
· themselves, their spouse or direct-branch relatives –without limitations, lateral branch relatives – up to forth degree or by marriage – up to second degree included;
· juridical bodies in which they are managers and can impose or impede from making resolutions
Article 31(1) Resolutions of the General meeting are taken by the majority of the present members.
(2) In case of insufficient quorum or delay of the meeting with an hour resolutions are made by the majority of 2/3 of the present members.
Article 32 Resolutions cannot be taken regarding matters which are not included in the agenda announced in the invitation.
Article 33 (1) For every session of the General meeting a report is being made which is certified by the chairman of the meeting and the person preparing the report which gives proof of the authenticity of its contents;
(2) The person responsible for the reports of the General meeting can be a member of the Governing Board or another regular member of the Association appointed by the Governing Board;
(3) The report with a list of the present members and written materials about the convocation and conduction of the General meeting attached to it is entered in a special book;
(4) Every member who has been present at the General meeting is allowed to follow the course of the meeting and the resolutions made for the report.
Article 34 Every member of the Association and the Governing Board and the prosecutor are allowed to refer to the court with settlement of the Association to plead with the legality of a resolution of the General meeting or the accordance with these regulations. This ought to happen in time of one month from the notice of the resolution but no longer than one year from the resolution date.
The Governing Board
Article 35 The Governing Board is the managing authority of the Association. It consists of at least three people and no more than seven people – members of the Association.
The Governing Board consists of the following members of the Association:
Article 36 The mandate of the Governing Board is 5 years where members can be reelected regardless of the number of mandates.
Authorities and obligations
Article 37 The Governing Board:
convokes the General meeting and determines the agenda of the meeting;
engages in the management according to the regulations and the law and provides the execution of the resolutions of the General meeting;
accepts new members of the Association
accepts programs for implementing the main tasks of the Association and determines the means for implementing its activities;
makes suggestions for changes in the regulations of the Association;
represents the Association and determines the amount of authority of its members;
makes all arrangements with the property of the Association according to the requirements of the regulations;
each year prepares and presents a draft budget at the General meeting;
prepares and presents a report for the activities of the Association at the General meeting;
organizes activities at the Association;
accepts working rules, determines a reports responsible for their meetings;
decides the amount and the term of payment of the membership fee or property taxes and if necessary finds additional funding for the activities and can provide increase or additional funding;
decides whether the membership fee is paid every month, once in every three months, once in every six months or once-a-year;
appoints a paymaster of the Association who collects and reports the collected and available membership and property fees;
makes all other decisions except for those of the competency of the General meeting.
Article 38 The meetings of the Governing Board are convoked by the president of the Association when he decides to but not less than once-a-month as well as after a written demand by every of the members. If the president does not convoke a meeting in time of 7 days from the written demand then it is convoked by all of the members concerned.
Article 39 (1) The meeting is legal when more than a half of the members of the Governing Board are present. Presence of a person is stated when there is a two-sided phone connection that guarantees his identity in the discussion and decision making which is certified in the report by the president of the meeting;
(2) Legal decision can be made without necessarily conducting a meeting if the report is signed without any objections and corrections by all members of the Governing Board;
(3) For every meeting of the Governing Board a report is being prepared which is certified by the president of the meeting and the person preparing the report confirming the authenticity of its contents;
(4) A reports responsible for the meetings of the Governing Board is chosen with a resolution from the Governing Board which does not exclude the opportunity that person to be one of its members;
Article 40 The meetings are run by the president of the Governing Board and in his absence – by chosen member of the Governing Board.
Article 41 The Governing Board takes its decisions with the majority of all members.
Article 42 Every member of the Association concerned is allowed to dispute a resolution of the Governing Board which contradicts to the law, the regulations or a previous resolution of the Governing Board so he must present a complaint at the General meeting on its next session.
Responsibilities of the members of the Governing Board
Article 43 (1) The members of the Governing Board bear solidary responsibility for actions that ruin the property or the interests of the Association;
(2) The authorities of a member of the Governing Board can be terminated with a resolution at the General meeting:
In case of failing to do the duties for which he has been chosen to do
In case of motivated renunciation from the position from that member at the General meeting.
President of the Governing Board
Article 44 The Governing Board chooses a president( Chairman) and deputy (Executive Director) from their group and determines their additional duties with resolutions.
Article 45 (1) The president is the responsible body for the material issues of the Association;
(2) The president represents the Association with its relations with third persons. Matters regarding actions that require concluding a deal or spending funds it is obligatory that the Association be represented by the president and the rest of the Governing Board members.
(3) When the president is temporarily impeded to complete his duties the other members of the Governing Board are charged with his authorities;
In the absence of the president with his decision the Association can be represented by Executive Director.
deputy can be appointed for all cases or for every particular case separately.
(4) The president has a voting right in the General meeing and in the Governing Board;
Sources of fund and property
Article 46(1) The property of the Association consists of money, rights over moveable and immoveable property acquired according to the law order, rights over intellectual property and other property rights permitted by law.
(2) Sources of fund of the Association are:
· membership fees
· donations from physical and juridical persons
· funds resulting from scientific-research activities
· funds from book and scientific publication sales
· funds from economic activities
· funding from target ( European structure) funds
· property taxes if required by the Governing Board
(3) All finances and payments with sums over 14 999,99 leva are deposited or transferred into a payment account opened on behalf of the Association.
Article 47 All regular members of the Association owe a membership fee to an amount determined by the Government Board.
Article 48 (1) The international Scientific-Research centre for Iran , the Balkans and Central Europe (IBCE) does additional economic activities – publishing and translation activities, Information consulting activities, commercial activities, intermediary and confirming activities
(2) The Association will not do economic activities which are not related to the subject of the main activities provided in the present regulations and will use all incomes only for the purposes of the Association;
(3) Implementing activities according to paragraph 1 submits to the conditions and order determined by laws which regulates it;
(4) The Association does not share profits.
Article 49 The international scientific-research centre for Iran, the Balkans and Central Europe Association (IBCE) can be reformed into another juridical body with non-governmental purposes. Reformation comes with consensus.
Article 50 The international scientific-research centre for Iran, the Balkans and Central Europe (IBCE) is terminated:
with a resolution of the General meeting;
with a resolution of the regional court with settlement in cases of article 13 paragraph 1 clause 3
Article 51 In case of termination of the Association liquidation is undertaken for which apply the decrees of Commercial Law.
Transitional and final decrees
§ 1. For cases not settled in the regulations as well as interpretation and application of its decrees applies the Law for legal entities with non-governmental purposes. The decrees of the regulations in case they contradict to the law, are substituted by rights by its rules.